Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Touch of Summer in Africa

Flying to one of our newest destinations located somewhere in the African continent would mean work and pleasure combined. Once a colony of France, the island of Mauritius (situated in the east of Madagascar) was one of the places known for honeymooners and those wanting R&R. 

Staying in a Beachfront Accommodation (just a few minutes away from the airport) allowed me to get a share of an awesome view of the island.


That time was my first taste of the beach for 2014. That was the first time I've ever gone in a beach with just me and with the people I only met in the briefing. Some said I was lucky enough to get Mauritius on my roster and yes, I would agree because I needed time to just relax (the view of the beach was relaxing enough without you getting a massage or anything that could pamper yourself). I just came back from Bangkok before the flight and my body was still adjusting maybe to the 3 hours time difference. At one point, I still felt something was missing that time I set foot on the beach (okay, sometimes I get really cheesy). Probably I just got used to enjoying the beach with friends or with my family. 

I didn't join other crews who wanted a boat trip to Catamaran Island.  For everyone's knowledge, this Catamaran Boat trip includes food and drinks while listening to Mauritian music and enjoying the view of the sea. It was one of the well-grabbed activities in Mauritius.  As for me, I just stayed in the resort, had a walk with two other Asian crews, eat and did kayaking - you know this is quite similar to an in-fight PA "Seat back, relax and enjoy your flight" hahaha. 


In my opinion, my layover in  Mauritius was like staying in Boracay Station 1. We all know that area in Boracay was more quiet and calm compared to Station 2. This could probably like staying in an isolated hotel in the White Sands - talking about Shangri-La here.  The food prices was quite expensive as well but the serving was generous enough. 

Before the layover ends, I made sure I bought something that would remind me of my first layover in the African continent.


I bought a Dodo display! Mauritius was the only home for the flightless birds (too bad, they were now extinct) therefore getting a display like the one shown above would be a good souvenir for me when visiting Mauritius.





Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos