Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pulled Out!

A few days before August ended, I was scheduled on an airport standby at 6:00 AM. I wasn't really expecting anything but to get home and get back to my normal routine after my shift. Then again, fate must have something else in stored for me on that day. Just a few minutes after my shift started, a 3 letter airport code with a flight number appeared on my roster. At first I thought it was on my September roster since I already knew then that I will be operating that flight in the middle of the 9th month. I double-checked the date and right there and then, I knew I will be pulled out to operate that very busy flight.

I flew to London Heathrow (LHR) on that day. For someone who just finished a training and was not prepared for that flight, I must admit that it was a challenge for me to master all my responsibilities. Good enough that all the crews and my superior was very approachable and patient whenever I ask something.  Lesson learned for me. Prepare. Prepare.Prepare.

We arrived at London around 3:00 PM. I wanted to go out and explore the city but no matter how my flesh is willing to go out, my mind is too stubborn to ask the concierge for directions regarding where to go, how to go and etc. I still took a short walk around to check if there's something I can discover. I ended up just having one photo of one of their trademarks:

Double Decker bus

 Since I found nothing on the way, I decided to eat in the hotel where we stayed and here's what I got:

Overwhelming clubhouse sandwich! (turkey + bacon)

Spell g-l-u-t-t-o-n-y with what I had. One or two parts would be enough to make me full since turkey is white meat. I tried to finish the entire meal but NO, it's really impossible since my appetite could not accommodate them all. Food was okay. Hotel staffs were all friendly.

They say, you will always remember your first. Certainly! I might not managed to visit London Centrale but the fact that I got there with friendly and nice set of crews would be enough to consider it memorable and worth remembering. I might not be someone who was outstanding on that flight but I knew that all the lessons advised by my superiors would be helpful enough to do my job with confidence.


 Photobucket

2 comments:

kaykrizz on 2:29 PM said...

Hi joanne!

You are so lucky to be pulled out for a London flight! how long was your layover? too bad you were too tired to explore, but im sure another chance will come your way.

Anyways, I was searching the web for information about applying for Oman Air, they are mass hiring right now, and I have come up with your site. It is a great site you have here! I am also trying out blogging and new to the world of blogging I followed your blog and I hope to ask you to please follow my blog as well?? Thank you so much! its beaflightattendant.blogspot.com

I do have a question for you though what airline are you working for right now? is it Oman Air?

Joanne Camet on 3:37 PM said...

Hi Sis Kaykrizz! :)

We stayed around 24 hours in London. Followed you already :) I think I've read some of your posts in PEX. I used to be active there but turned out to be a lurker for the past 2 years hehe.

God Bless on your Oman Air FI. Your patience will be granted soon :)

PS
I don't work for Oman Air :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos