Saturday, May 11, 2013

Quarter Life Celebration: Makan Makan Asian Food Village

18th of April 2013 

 I TURNED 25!


1 of 25: Go to church on my birthday
6 of 25: Take an afternoon leave from work

As much as I would like to file a whole day leave from work to celebrate my birthday, I know I have many tasks to do at the office so I still went to work in the morning after going to church and spent the rest of the day with my favorite people. 

The boyfriend  picked me up from work around 1 PM and we headed straight to Manila Ocean Park
which happened to be just a few minutes away from our office.


7 of 25: Birthday lunch of different cuisines
 
I wanted a variety of cuisines for my birthday so I thought of the Makan Makan Asian Food Village. Our table had Singaporean, Indonesian, Chinese and Filipino (halo-halo not in photo).

Photos below:


Roti Prata (dough with peanut butter sauce P 120 - from the original pancake recipes of India)
Punggol Mee Goreng (SPICY yellow noodles, P 190)
Nasi Goreng with Satay (fried rice topped with egg, P 160)
 
Siomai (P 95 -- I still like North Park's)
The boyfriend commented on how generous the servings were  - that was the first thing I told him when I first had my Makan experience. 


Food: 4/5 (for taste) and 5/5 (for serving)

I haven't tasted the original versions of all the foods we ordered (so I couldn't compare) but for me, they all passed my taste buds. I gave a 4 because I know there's still a room for making it better.

Serving:

Like what I've mentioned..GENEROUS indeed!

Service: 3.8/5

Staffs were friendly (one of them even volunteered to take a picture of us) but it also took some time before someone approaches us when we needed something. 


 Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos