Wednesday, May 15, 2013

NBI Clearance in Less than 20 Minutes

I would always hear horror stories about getting an NBI Clearance. People would wake up in the wee hours of the morning to get in front of the NBI-Main office or Satellite offices as early as 4:00 am.

I needed an NBI Clearance for my passport renewal, thing was, I was working from 8 am to 5 pm and I barely have time to process it unless I took a leave. Our office was just a stone's throw away from NBI Main Office but getting a clearance the usual way would really take time and might affect my productivity in the office.

I've come across this NBI E-Clearance and read the procedure on how to get through it. I've also started searching about bloggers who were willing enough to share their experience in availing the E-Clearance. Bloggers have been consistent about saying how convenient this whole new thing was.

Step by step procedure can be read at: https://nbi-online.com/ 

Prices of clearances vary and dependent on the purpose.

There were two ways on how to pay for the NBI E-Clearance: via GCASH or PPP (Pinoy Pera Padala).

In my case, I found it easier and more convenient to pay via GCASH.

After work, I went to Globe Business Center at SM Manila ( located at the Lower Ground Floor, Cyberzone) and paid 140.00.

The Globe staff gave me a receipt where the reference number was printed. The reference number, along with your active email address will then be used in creating an account for the E-Clearance. The number will then be validated leading you to your account where you have to fill out some personal details like your complete name, father's name, mother's maiden name and etc. Complete all the needed details and check whether all the information you put were correct. You will have to save everything before the site leads you to the "PRINT" button.

 Clicking the "PRINT" button will open a page wherein you would see a QR Code that looks like a BB code.

After printing, you can now book a schedule thru: 09175638054 

See sample format below when booking a schedule:

BOOK  Ref# LocationCode MMDDYYYY HHMM Name 

BOOK BBBBJM8 NBIMAIN 5/15/2013 0800 Jo Camet   

You will then receive a message that your booking has been confirmed. 

In my case, I went to NBI Main before 3 PM. Upon arrival, I just showed the printed QR Code and I was directed to go to 4th floor. 

At the 4th floor,  I was hesitant to knock but the janitor saw me and said "Ate, pasok ka na lang, walang tao". Inside, they just asked for one valid ID. The picture taking and biometrics were done afterward. 

I was asked to go to the releasing department and in less than 20 minutes (inc picture taking and biometrics), I got my NBI Clearance.

Hoping that the other government agencies would have something like the E-Clearance to save time of everyone who wishes to get an identification card. 


 Source: https://nbi-online.com 


 Photobucket

1 comments:

Rochkirstin Santos on 6:23 PM said...

I just got to experience NBI’s e-clearance system. However I found their processing not efficient enough. If you can spare some time, you can read about it at my blog and share your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos