Sunday, March 31, 2013

Churches of the Metro

I used to stay at home during the Holy Week, but that changed since 2009 when I decided to try the Visita Iglesia tradition. From 2009 to 2012, Tagaytay had been my route every Maundy Thursday. We would visit The Pink Sisters Convent, Angel Hills and Our Lady of Lourdes to name a few.

For four consecutive Maundy Thursdays, I already got used to Tagaytay heavy traffic due to a big volume of vehicles and visitors. Well, I wouldn't doubt because aside that it was close to Manila, getting there would mean hitting two birds in one stone: Visita Iglesia + Vacation.

This year, my mom suggested that we visit the churches around the Metro. I instantly thought it was a good idea so I could visit some churches I haven't been to and also, to keep myself from the heavy traffic.

This had been our route last Maundy Thursday:

1. Baclaran Church ( Our Mother of Perpetual Help )
2. Malate Church
3. San Agustin Church
4. Binondo Church
5. Quiapo Church
6. Sta. Cruz Parish
7. Archdiocesan Shrine of Jesus,The Way, The Truth and the Life

 

We passed by the Manila Cathedral on our way to San Agustin Church. Sadly, the former was still closed to the public, but I've seen people praying outside the cathedral.


It was my first time to visit San Agustin Church, Sta Cruz Parish and Archdiocesan Shrine of Jesus.. San Agustin Church was also undergoing some renovations though.

It was really a good choice to visit the Metro Manila churches as we were able to went home earlier compared to last year's. We were also able to visit more churches. Additionally and as mentioned earlier, I was able to visit three churches I've never been to. 

Below, I've listed a couple of thoughts for this Lenten Season:

1. Visiting churches consistently gives me a burden-free feeling.
2. We might have different ways of praying and reflection, but the most important would be to utter every word sincerely and wholeheartedly.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos