Tuesday, July 10, 2012

When in Cebu

Hi again everyone! I just want to share some of my random thoughts in case you want to visit Cebu.   I hope this post can be helpful to those future visitors of the Queen City of the South.

Flying to Cebu


Getting there by plane  was just one option.  If you're from Manila, the most convenient way to visit Cebu would be by plane.  My friend and I got our round trip tickets (each priced at 1,905.12) from one of Cebu Pacific's seat sale.  Watch out for their promos which happen very often.  Since my friend and I decided to go to Cebu earlier than our itinerary, we bought another ticket priced at 1,392.16, cheaper than rebooking our flight.  


You may also check other budget airlines for their promo fares.  


Accommodation


Before our trip, I devoted some of my time looking for Cebu accommodations.  Before I search for names, I asked my friend if she wanted to stay near the landmarks or near the airport.  When in Cebu, I noticed that the Mactan International Airport was a bit far from some famous landmarks: Magellan's Cross, Basilica del Sto Niño and Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral to name a few.  It would take 30 minutes or more to get to the landmarks from the airport and of course it would depend on the traffic situation.  


In deciding where to stay, my friend and I thought that if we stay near the famous landmarks, we could save money and time.  In relation to this, we could visit more places. 


We chose to stay at Sampaguita Suites-Plaza Garcia which was located across the famous Magellan's Cross and Basilica del Sto. Niño.  Their rates were reasonable too! We booked for one Matrimonial Room for 2 nights, priced at 898.00 (per night). Thanks to ilink.ph! 



Day Tour


Nadiskubre ko si Danny Noy! He's been famous to Cebu visitors for offering an affordable Day Tour. We paid 2,000 for our DIY day tour. DIY kasi hindi kami sumunod dun sa suggested itinerary niya dahil nga katapat lang ng accommodation namin yung ibang nasa itinerary. We made our own list of places to visit. Sulit kasi naikot namin yung buong city! Ayaw na kasi namin na pumunta sa Malapascua and Bantayan dahil nakapag beach na rin kami before our Cebu trip kaya landmarks na lang!

I would advise that you really research for different places before your trip to Cebu. Travel blogs were very helpful!


Casa Verde


GASTRONOMIC! 


My friend Mai (Budget Biyahera) suggested this to me before my trip.  Kung dito sa Manila, mabibitin ka sa serving ng ibang restaurants, doon yata susuko ka kasi worth it yung ibabayad mo sa laki ng serving:


Must try: Brian's Ribs - 208.00






Mooon Cafe


One travel blogger described the menu as Mexican with Filipino inspiration.  Another restaurant that will give your money's worth! 


I ordered this: 


Pasta Mexicano for 150.00


My friend had this for lunch: 


6 Stick Pork Barbeque (served with rice) for 150.00 

Shamrock


..famous for their OTAP! 
Hindi madaling madurog and hindi masyadong matamis kaya nagustuhan ko. Kaya rin siguro sikat ang Shamrock.  

Price? 39.00-40.00 

Cebu Lechon


A visit to Cebu wouldn't be complete without trying their famous lechon.  Travel bloggers and even my boss said that if you wanted to taste the true Lechon Cebu, well..visit CnT. Be prepared for the long queue of people especially during lunch time.  May isang branch sila na hindi masyadong matao, I just don't recall kung sa Rama branch nila yon.  I wouldn't advise you to visit their branch across SM Cebu during lunch time! Kumain ka na lang ng nakatayo sa CnT located at SM Cebu's Supermarket.  


When in Cebu and you'd be eating lechon, don't ask for Mang Tomas or for any sarsa, they do not have that.  Toyo ang sawsawan nila. Plus, they wouldn't give you spoon and fork.  They will give you a plastic instead na gagamitin mo to cover your hands para makapag kamay ka.  




  Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos