Sunday, April 01, 2012

WHY HOLD ON?

It's been (almost) three years since I started chasing for my dream. If you've been reading my posts, you'll instantly get what I mean.  The journey seems to be very long and it still continues.  I still continue to run after my dream once in a while, whenever I get the chance.  I've been to numerous failures but I'm still hanging on. If you'll ask me, "Why hold on? Why hold on to something you don't know when will happen?".

The question may be complex, but I will answer using my simplest yet the most sincere words.  When you dream for something, it means that you want it, and when you want it, you want to get hold of it and have a taste of it.  If you want to be on top of class, you work for it until you finished with flying colors.  In my case, I wanted to fly.  My dream lies up there, up above 35,000 feet or even more.  There is no easy way to get there, well at least for me. I've been to several "almost" tries, and it hurts that I really get emotional for a few days. Sometimes, I can't help but think that maybe, something out there is really for me, but no matter what I do, I still cannot keep myself from saying that "My dream lies up there. I want the airplanes to be my workstation. I want the world to be my playground." In one of my attempts, one recruiter shared that flying is a decision. Yes, it is.  If I'm going to fly, I'll be leaving all my loved ones here and be based abroad all by myself.  Not only that, if I luckily get into my dream airline, I have to stay single for five years.  Love has to wait if I get hold of my dream.  If you'll ask me, why still hold on despite those facts? I'll just say, it's my dream and I have to make it real.  I know that if I get hold of my dream, I can't ask for anything more.

Hopefully, as my birth month enters, I pray that I'm getting closer to my dream. I hope that my every failure serves as one step closer to what I really want to achieve.  Insha'Allah. To God be the Glory. 

 Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos