Sunday, February 05, 2012

Manila Bay Cruise on a Thursday Night

Last year, I bought two Manila Bay Cruise vouchers (for 188/each, via Sun Cruises)at a group buying site, Pakyaw. If you're going to read the voucher, the validity was until January 31 only.  Last January 27, I called the Sun Cruises office to reserve 2 slots for January 31 but I was advised that they were fully booked but the validity of vouchers were up until February 3. So I used mine last February 2.

My friend and I chose the second sailing scheduled at 6:15 pm.  I went out our office 4 minutes before 5 to be able to be at the docking area by 5:30.  My friend and I were even hurrying up to get to the docking area.  We arrived around 5:35 pm and there were only a few people waiting, meaning we're still early. 

I approached the lady on the table and presented our vouchers.  We waited for a few minutes.  My friend and I still managed to have touch-ups and captured a few photos while waiting.


First batch still sailing (first batch leaves at 4:30)


We began boarding around 6 PM.  We were seated at the lower deck.  The waiters were very willing to volunteer to help you take pictures while you're inside so having group shots won't pose any problem.  

(with Jaymee) waiting for the sailing time 
The MV Spirit of Manila has two decks - upper and lower. The air-conditioned portion was the lower deck and the open air portion was the upper deck.  If you wanted to enjoy the view more (from the moment the sailing starts), I suggest you choose the upper deck, although we were also allowed to go out after dinner.  

We were served a set dinner (fish fillet, veggies and I think the other course was one slice of pork asado + rice). We had coffee jelly for dessert and water for our drinks! :)) The beverage wasn't included in the set dinner and my friend and I didn't want anything except for water.


After dinner, we noticed that others were going out to enjoy the air and the view of course :) We did the same and we paid for the experience, definitely :)

the lights of Moa Eye (the cover photo on my facebook account)

my messy hair! I really don't care at all: "The 'hangin' effect shot"   

before going back inside the lower deck
The sailing ended by 7:30 PM. The cruise went 1 hour and 15 minutes but my friend and I really called it a night! The cruise was worth trying, considering I just paid 188 pesos for the experience.  My mom wanted to try it also, so I brought home 2 flyers for her to read :)

To recommend or not? YES. Like what I've said, it's worth a try. I've had a happy tummy while enjoying the view.  If you're a on a tight budget, you could wait for group buying sites to have a deal on this again.  If you could not wait any longer, the cruise was originally priced at 550 per person inclusive of dinner + cruise+ live acoustic entertainment.  

Manila Bay Cruise Info: 

First Sailing: 4:30 pm- 5:45 pm
Second Sailing: 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
Third Sailing: 8:00 pm-9:15 pm

Reservations Office
CCP Terminal A. CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos. (632) 831-8140,(632) 834-6857 to 58
Website: http://www.corregidorphilippines.com/contact.html

Photobucket

2 comments:

Chyng on 9:46 PM said...

good thing you had a nice experience, improving sila =)

but again, if i were to pay P500 for that lousy dinner, eh wag nalang. hihi

Joanne Camet on 11:19 AM said...

Buti na lang may deal, hehe. But if there's none, hindi rin siguro ako magbabayad ng 500 =))

Btw, I enjoy reading your posts! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos