Saturday, September 10, 2011

Red Lips

Red is becoming my favorite shade of lipstick.  When I'm in the office or just want to hang out with friends, a red lipstick is always present on my kit. Wearing red lips leaves no room for a pale look sans blush on, talk about wearing more without putting too much :))

So.. HOW DO I COLOR MY LIPS RED?

Here, I'll share the tips I learned from my MUA friend who is now a Cabin Crew for an International Airline.

Step 1: Putting lip gloss or petroleum jelly to soften the lips.

Step 2: Fill in the lips with a red lip liner. Personally, I use NICHIDO LIP LINER (available in leading Department Stores at P 100.00). This makes the lipstick lasts longer even after drinking or eating.

Step 3: Apply the lipstick.  I use a lip brush during lipstick application. This keeps me from having a messy application.  As I've mentioned in my previous post, MAC's Russian Red is my (ultimate) favorite because my teeth looks whiter! The problem with it, it's not always available on MAC counters. It's also pricey for a lipstick. If you happen to go at Duty Free Philippines and it's available, don't think twice of buying one as it is cheaper at $ 17.00 compared to buying it on Philippine Peso (almost a thousand bucks).  Since I don't always use my Russian Red, I have a cheaper alternative - EVER BILENA's LOVE THAT RED, ( I bought it at P 99.00) the shade is closer to MAC's but it doesn't create a 'whiter teeth' look. 

in Russian Red :)

Hope this post helps! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mariel on 7:11 AM said...

Ooh! I'm loving red lips too. :) I'm using Revlon's In the Red. I missed your blog, sis. :)

joannecams on 9:21 AM said...

Thanks for dropping by sis. I don't need a blush-on for my everyday look because of my red lips =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos