Saturday, February 26, 2011

FA/CC APPLICATION 101

A year ago, I posted the names of some agencies that handle F.A. applications. I also included our domestic airlines and how to apply with them.
I’ve been receiving questions re how to apply and where to go so I’ll be posting the names of the agencies, airlines and some basic requirements. I hope this will help :)

• BASIC REQUIREMENTS
1. Resume/CV
2. Prepare your ID pictures (in case they ask for one)
3. Passport size photos
4. Whole body photo (4R) – here, please avoid wearing flats. You should be in business attire – with blazer and your skirt should be KNEE length.
5. Photocopies of your credentials
6. If you’re applying for an international carrier, make sure you have a passport and have it photocopied.
7. NBI

• LIST OF AGENCIES 
(note that this is not the complete list, these are the agencies that I know as per their last hiring)

IPAMS (Leon Guinto St., Manila) – Qatar Airways and Emirates
*for Qatar Airways, Open Days are being held at Manila Diamond Hotel, beside Magsaysay Building along Roxas Boulevard

TRANSRESOURCES (Mary Bachrach Building, near Manila Hotel) – Asiana


LML (Agoncillo cor Apacible St. Manila) – Royal Brunei

SKILLS INTERNATIONAL (Discovery Plaza Center, Mabini, near Pan Pacific Hotel and Pagcor) – Saudi Arabian Airlines

MAYON INTERNATIONAL (MH Del Pilar, near Aristocrat) – Oman Air

• FOR DOMESTIC AIRLINES

CEBU PACIFIC (near Salem and the old Domestic Airport) – watch out for their schedule which is usually done on a Monday. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to come back within the week. You’ll only need a resume to apply.

PHILIPPINE AIRLINES (screening is done at PNB Building along Macapagal Avenue) – I’m not sure if there have been changes with their process, but when I applied a year ago, I just downloaded a form which you’ll find in their website, filled it up and had it scanned and submitted it online thru: placement@pal.com.ph. Kindly check their website for the procedure.

ZEST AIR (near the old Domestic Airport) – I’m always clueless about their screening schedule. So for this, just check the flight attendant/stewardess thread at pinoyexchange.com or if you may just leave your CV with them and just wait for their call re the screening schedule.

AIR PHILIPPINES (their Hangar is located along Andrews, before you reach Resorts World and Terminal 3 if you’re coming from Baclaran / Pasay) – check the website for the schedule. You’ll only need a CV to apply.

• ATTIRE

FEMALE: Corporate blouse, knee length skirt, corporate blazer, closed shoes
*come in full make-up, hair pulled away from face
*wearing of skintone stockings is okay, unless you are told otherwise

MALE: slacks, corporate polo with necktie, corporate blazer

FAQs:
1. How do I know if there’s an opening?
- You may also check Workabroad.ph for the job posting. At the homepage, choose specialization and type: flight stewardess, flight attendant, cabin crew.
- Check the classified ads section of The Manila Bulletin and Philippine Star
- Check out some blogs, I frequently post openings here.
- Visit pinoyexchange.com and find the thread (steward/stewardess thread V)

2. What to wear during screenings?
- Refer to the “attire” portion of this entry. Even if you’ll only submit a CV, make sure you come in business attire and in full make up.

3. How to go to the agencies?
- I’ve listed the location but not the direction as we come in from different places, if you have questions, you can email me and I’ll be willing to help you to the best way I can.

4. The age Limit:
- Different airlines have different requirements to, so better check it. For Qatar, minimum age is 23, they’re strict with this; Emirates: 21-35;Cebu Pacific: 18-25.

5. Are married applicants or single with kids are accepted?
- Yes, unless specified by the airline that you need to be single with no kids.


I’m still “running after the dream” til now, but I hope my post can help you. All the best! :D If you have questions, please do not hesitate to send me an email. Please look at the “about me” section for the address. You may also leave a message on the facebook account at the right part of this blog. I created that for this space. You may add me there if you wish to. :D Or you may leave a message on my chatbox.
:D

Photobucket

6 comments:

kungfudonut on 2:52 PM said...

my bestfriend is an FA too! shes with QR. your blog is very interesting and informative. makes me wanna try this whole FA thing :)

joannecams on 5:39 PM said...

Thank You! :)

gerardinesobrevinas on 12:06 AM said...

just like to inform you that there will be an OD for Air Asia this coming Saturday March 5 at Mandarin Hotel 9 to 3pm :) for more deets just visit Air Asia's website :)

joannecams on 8:42 AM said...

Hi Gerard, thank you for the info :)

Anonymous said...

i'm one of the people who asked for these info. thanks for posting this! know that we appreciate all the info you give us! God will reward your kindness :)

joannecams on 2:53 PM said...

@Anonymous: You're welcome and thank you as well! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos