Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Have You Ever Asked: "Why do Bad Things Happen to Good People?"

Bo Sanchez wrote a book entitled: Why do bad things happen to good people?
and I always ask myself: Why do "good" people experience problems and challenges?

Last Sunday, before the mass started, I prayed that I may hear what God wanted to tell me right now, being in this kind of situation. You know what I mean - living a life quite similar to "recession". God answered my prayer. Father preached about why "good" people experience problems and challenges?. We might ask and say: marami namang ibang tao diyan bakit ako pa? bakit hindi na lang yung mga makasalanan? It would be so wrong throw a bad wish for other people. Nobody was born a saint. We could say, we follow God. We follow his teachings. We try to be good Christians. We've been trying to follow God but life was never smooth sailing.  Instead of asking "why" with hatred, why not paraphrase our question(s)? I guess, it would be better to ask : "Why did it happen to me? What would be God's reason for letting that thing come into my life?" I wouldn't be a  hyprocrite. There had been a part in my life when I questioned God, but I know it was unhealthy to leave my faith behind just because I don't get what I want in life. My whole system needs faith in God. Everything that I achieved in the past was not just my OWN labor, it's ORA ET LABORA (Prayer and Hardwork).

We experience problems even if we've been faithful to God because, they're part of our FAITH in God. To quote our priest: parte yan ng pagsunod kay Hesus. The story of Job would be a good example of this. He lost everything yet he remained faithful to God.

But God proves His love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us - Romans 5:8

If we feel like we don't get what we want, like our dreams and aspirations; Or that, the wheel don't turn around and we couldn't get on top, it would be alright to cry to release the hard feelings. Pray afterwards. Every beginning has an end. Every problem has a solution. Every sadness would turn into happiness. As the song goes: ♫♫ ♫ God is watching us, from a distance.

blogger signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos