Sunday, March 28, 2010

FROM KINDERGARTEN

All I Really Need to Know is a compilation of essays that are short-read and simple. They presented ordinary circumstances filled of life’s lessons.

I want to share some moving lines from the book. I will put them here verbatim:

1.ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW about how to live and     what to do and how to be I learned in Kindergarten. Wisdo m was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sandpile at Sunday School .


2.It’s the spirit that counts. The time may be long, the vehicle may be strange or unexpected . But if the dream is held close to the heart, and the imagination is applied to what there is close at and, everything is still possible.
3 . It’s elemental: When in doubt, get down Take a nap.
4 . And we haven’t even dealt with the existential items , such as: Why is there Something instead of Nothing? When will I have time, and who knows where the time goes? How deep is the ocean - how high is the sky? When enough is enough? What are people for? Is there life before death? Is it true that a little knowledge is a dangerous s thing? And if birds fly over the rainbow, why can’t I?
5. I was reminded that peace is not something you wish for; it’s something you make , something you do, something you are, and something you give away! You begin with what you have, where you are, and pass it on.


6. The Credo list: 
• Share everything
• Play fair
• Don’t hit people
• Put things back where you found them.
• Clean up your own mess.
• Don’t take things that aren’t yours.
• Say you’re sorry when you hurt somebody
• Wash your hands before you eat
• Flush
• Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.


7 . Once I thought that getting the words just right was essential. Now I know the words will never be just right. A well-lived life is always under construction.

MY OWN REFLECTION FROM FULGHUM ‘S BOOK: We’ve been taught about the basic lessons during our Kindergarten days. As they say, Pre-School is the foundation. I always believe in that. Eversince we’re little kids, our first teachers at home (our parents) and in school taught us the word RESPECT and some things we need to know and do as we go along each day of our lives. Isn’t that we started dreaming since we’re kids? We’ve been used to hearing I want to be a doctor when I grow up; and most of us pursue our childhood dreams after graduation.  
Questions are bound to be answered. However, some, remained to be just questions that are yet to be answered.

  
All I Really Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten written by Robert Fulghum.


    
blogger signature

1 comments:

yasminjoo on 1:45 PM said...

i also have a copy of that book and i love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos