Monday, February 15, 2010

Dreams

I am maintaining this blog for almost 5 years now. When I started this blog, I was just starting at St. Scholastica's College (SSC) as a Mass Communication freshman who wanted to transfer to my dream school. By then, I didn't know my goal of transferring would be successful. I had good memories at SSC. I gained friends, my grades were good and I even got accepted to be part of the school paper. Despite the good things I earned, I never gave up my dream to be a La Sallian. I didn't pass the entrance test the first time I tried. I was really devastated then. I didn't eat lunch for 2 days. I would go to school looking so depressed and my eyes could really tell what I was feeling. All frowns and tears would turn into laughter! I took the risk of transferring to De La Salle University (DLSU). I didn't enroll for the second semester. That was one of the bravest things I have ever done. While all of my friends were going to school, I just stayed at home, studying for my lessons, hoping they would help me pass the entrance test. I became closer to God. I never stopped praying. It was December 2005 when I learned I already got in! Getting to DLSU was a dream come true, and graduating with flying colors was God's biggest bonus! :)

Now, I'm facing a quite similar story. As they say, history repeats itself. I already posted a lot of things regarding my dream of becoming a flight attendant, but I never had an entry why I wanted to be one.

When I was a little kid, people would tell my mom "ang tangkad ng anak mo" and my mom would tell me, "mag flight stewardess ka, gamitin mo height mo". By then, I didn't know it would, someday, be my dream too as little kids would always say "I want to be a doctor someday!"

I may not be very pretty, I may not be flawless, I may not be a model but I am still hoping to earn my wings someday and fly Paris and all other destinations. I would always remember the homily yesterday (although not verbatim) "Ibinibigay ng Diyos ang hinihingi natin" / "God will give what our heart desires"; Father also said yesterday "Hindi ba kapag may tumatawag sa telepono, sinasagot natin"  This was just the same when we ask for God's help.

To all FA Aspirants, let's continue to ask God for strength, motivation and optimism. We should never give up on our dreams. If we didn't get in on our first, second, third try and so on, it doesn't mean we could never be the one on the plane, serving champagne or caviar; it's just not the right time. Like what I've mentioned in one of my previous entries, Failure means we're meant for bigger opportunities :)

blogger signature

12 comments:

FAdreamer on 9:05 PM said...

i totally agree! A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.:)

NotLittleMissPerfect on 11:11 PM said...

i love this post.. I can relate so much..

SARAH on 11:12 PM said...

awww.. :) this is for you Joanne. You have to believe that this is your destiny and that one day you will be up there! I admire you for your perseverance, a lot of people would easily give a dream up because they got shoved off. Ang importante is you're holding on to that goal and try lang ng try :)

sarah of http://sarahmanila.tumblr.com

flygirl on 11:23 PM said...

you are pretty and i love your determination! stay positive. :)

jO_anne on 11:33 AM said...

@FaDreamer: hi sis! :) amen to that

jO_anne on 11:34 AM said...

@NLMP: Thanks sis :)

jO_anne on 11:36 AM said...

@Sarah: Thank you so much! :) I will not give up because I really want to earn my wings someday :)

jO_anne on 11:38 AM said...

@Flygirl: Thank you so much for your encouraging words :) I will never give up! Ingat lagi sa mga flights! :)

sojournerslife on 12:54 PM said...

i love this!if you can think of it, you can become it. soar high sis!see you soon!

jO_anne on 2:15 PM said...

hi sis! oo! kaya natin to!! :) see you next week! papagaling na ako ng bruise ko! nandito pa rin! kainis! hahahaha =)

Trolley Dolly on 7:38 PM said...

Never give up.

jO_anne on 11:42 AM said...

@Trolley Dolly: will never! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos