Saturday, December 05, 2009

Shift

It was my childhood dream to become a newscaster/ reporter. I guess, it was my first love. I even said to myself that I'd be graduating with flying colors so that it would be easier for me to get into the job I really wanted eversince; however during my last two terms in DLSU, while boarding Cebu Pacific bound for Iloilo for a Class trip, and while seeing the flight attendants in front of me, I realized, was this the dream of my mom for me since I was a kid? (it was her dream for me actually) Giving it a try after graduation wouldn't hurt. When I came back to Manila, I did a research on the benefits of being a Cabin crew. I also had friends who kept on encouraging me to apply as a flight attendant. Day after day, I could not get it out of my mind until I fell in love with it.

I was able to graduate with good grades, however my heart was not in the media anymore. After graduation, I did not bother to try in the media industry, I was supposed to try for some airlines like Qatar Airways like their late 2008 OD, unfortunately, I got sick and was not able to go to the assessment. I ended up choosing another job for an experience and to help myself prepare also for future assessments. I gave myself a year since BPI had a time bond.

Now, Just like Jezee ( I hope I spelled your nickname right) I'd be choosing my true love as well and that's to be a flight attendant/cabin crew. I gave up my job even if I haven't passed any airline assessments yet. I just hope, this 2010 would be a charm for me.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos