Saturday, December 12, 2009

I MISS BEING WITH YOU!

My friends and I decided to have an out of town trip not really far from our place.

Our first STOP: Caleruega, Batangas


It was my first time to be there yesterday! (call me a loser if you want.hahaha)
I heard wedding bells and applause when we arrived. There was an ongoing wedding ceremony and so we had to use the gate at the back. The guard welcomed us, entrance fee was only 30.00.

The place itself was nice! First, we strolled around, crossed the hanging bridge, did a little hiking, did a 'trip down to memory lane', photo ops, and etc. I felt we were like little kids jumping on a couch while crossing the bridge. I was not afraid of it, maybe because I feel safe that I was with my good friends :)



strolling around


the hanging bridge


group pic before we had our little hiking

more photo ops

The Purpose: "Let's pray altogether' (Pondevida, 2009) =))

It was one of the nicest ideas I've ever encountered. I really enjoy praying with friends. I did it previously with my college pals Michi and Timmy. We visited St. Claire, Quiapo Church, PMA Chapel (I do not know how they call it), and Baclaran Church. I feel that our friendship would be a lot stronger when we pray together and I know, for sure, we would all grow old together.


I thought the church was big but it was the other way around; but, I think it would be perfect if you wanted to have an intimate wedding. I remembered how I wanted my church wedding to happen there because there was an ongoing wedding when we got to the place. :) I'm sorry if I sounded like I was doing a fast forward on a cassette player, haha. I knew it would be to early for me to dream about it, I don't even have a boyfriend yet, LOL!

Okay, enough for this.

Second Stop: Where to eat? - Tagaytay

Just like my lunch time scenarios with my other friends, finding a place to eat would always be a question mark for me. I could not understand why it would take long before we could decide where to eat.

We we're really hungry that we wanted to eat a lot. We did not want to spend to much and so Dencio's was out. We passed by Yellow Cab but we wanted to eat rice. We decided to eat at Teriyaki Boy. I ordered for a bottomless iced tea since I was really thirsty! That was one of the longest lunch time for me, we were there for like 3-4 hours, just exchanging stories and updating myself since I was in a 'hibernate' mode for the past few months.

Sweet Tooth Alert

We went to Starbucks. It took me a while before I decided to settle for a blueberry cheesecake. I did not order coffee, medyo iwas muna too much caffeine na yata ako . Extension ng kwentuhan namin! Hindi ko na rin masyadong napansin na gumagabi na, all I could feel that it was getting colder haha.


In fairness, for the 12 hours I was with my friends, it had been a productive day! There were improvements for the get together we had been planning for so long. We were able to convinced our high school classmates to come.

I miss being with you people! Now would be the time for me to make up!
I'll see you next week.

8 comments:

Star Villanueva on 11:50 PM said...

Wow! I've always wanted to visit Caleruega Church, Been hearing nice stories about it.. Too bad I never been there but would love too.. SOmeday..

Great pics by the way..

pinky on 1:03 AM said...

Hello there, Joanne!:)I've read some of your recent posts. I hope you get your dream job very soon:))

pinky on 1:03 AM said...

Anyway, this is my new blog!:) I hope you can visit!

jO_anne on 12:36 PM said...

Hi Ms Star, thank you, the photos where from my friend:) It was really a nice place.

jO_anne on 12:36 PM said...

Hi Pinky, thanks for dropping by. Thanks you so much :)

jO_anne on 12:37 PM said...

Pinky, I'll visit your blog :)

Sofia on 4:07 AM said...

The Baclaran Phenomenon is, first and foremost, the incredible number of people who come to the Redemptorist Church in Baclaran every Wednesday to make the Perpetual Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help. It is estimated that at least 100,000 devotees come on regular Wednesdays, reaching about 120,000 on the First Wednesday of each month. The biggest turnout of the year is on Ash Wednesday. The crowd for that day simply defies estimate.

Baclaran Church Official Website

jO_anne on 7:01 AM said...

Hi Sofia, thanks for leaving a comment. I am a devotee of Mother of Perpetual Help and I go there every Wednesday. I can see that people can fill up the big Church.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos