Monday, December 07, 2009

A Few Things at Random

1. MY TOR
I requested for my transcript a day before I went to IPAMS for Qatar Airways and asked for it to be delivered on our house since I am too lazy to go back to school and claim it hahaha! I'm not yet decided if I am going to request also for a certified copy of my diploma to be submitted at Mayon for Oman Air.
I was glad this was delivered on time. KUDOS to our university registrar. I now have an updated version of my TOR, this will surely help me on my future applications.

2. Cars fall in line too.



The picture was taken last November 28 at Mall of Asia. I frequently visit and shop at MOA but this was the first time I saw cars on queue on the parking area.

3. Christmas at Mc Donalds

I think the reindeer on top of the logo caught my eye. haha!

4. Lanterns by the Highway
Sorry for the blurred photo! I could feel the fast approaching Christmas Day.

5. Oh Donna! Donna! Donna!

Finally! I could watch the film over and over, anytime! :) I now own a copy of my favorite film! This would inspire me again and again! I bought this one on sale at Astroplus. I think this was the only copy left so I grabbed it the very moment I saw this one then looked for other films I could watch while I was still unemployed.

6. Things I have to give up in line of my resignation:

a. Maxicare card

I said goodbye to this one! Sniff! This had been very helpful to me especially during those days I felt I was sick everyday and that I had to go to the hospital for a few times for a check up.

b. my identification card


I might have said goodbye to my id but not to the picture attached to this! I could still see the old picture of myself with long hair and still a fresh grad.


7. Books plus My Obssessive Compulsive aka OC OC side


A few of my books waiting to be arranged. I was not really a bookwork that's why I only own a number. Just last year, I started reading inspirational and self help books (after Ken gave me a copy of William Gracian's Find Real Happiness, [picture can be found below]). It helped me a lot and this I guess was the reason too why I engaged again in reading books.

Three books that mean so much to me

Moudifa - written by a former FA Margarita Marquis. I saw thisa few months ago at Fawannabe's blog and started my search for this. I visited a few bookstore and even asked my parents to look for this but we were unable to buy one. Luckily, Lars joined me in my search for this because she became curious already, and being a bookworm herself and the ever supportive friend, her sister was able to find a copy at Central Books Megamall.

Find Real Happiness - This taught me to be appreciative of the things I have now. I could say this had been my lucky charm to during my life as a phonebanker as I get one line from this book and then wrote it down on my planner each working day. :)

I Kissed Dating Goodbye -
" I love love. But I've come to realize that I don't really know much about it. Oh, I can tell you all about the warm, fuzzy side of love. I can throw myself into romance with all the passion of Romeo, but in God's school of true love, I'm afraid, I'm still in kidergarten" (Joshua Harris on page 62)

My friends: Lars, Jo and Myka gave the book to me as their birthday present. They said I'd been talking about the book so much and the interest to own a copy and so they decided to give one to me on my birthday, haha! I wanted to have one because during those times, yes, the early part of this year, I'd been a little crazy when it comes to love. Haha!

I learned a lot from this book. Love comes when you least expect it as they say. I've been single for seven years now and counting! (:))) I learned not to be in a hurry. I know God is still preparing the one for me, yes, the real one.

"You can be Beautiful"

The book I recently bought at National Bookstore


I'd start reading this as soon as I could. I bought this hoping the book could help me on how could I improve myself for my dream job!

8. Hail! Hail! Alma Mater, Hail to De La Salle.,(singing)



I saw this while fixing my things this morning. Oh how I miss the day: October 4, 2009! One of the happiest and one of the most important days for me - the day I graduated from school. I was able to attain one of my goals I normally write on my friends' autograph/slumbook. Added to my happiness was the moment I was able to talk with one special person on this day (the handshake and the pictures! Haha! Enough for this!!! :D )


9. So near yet so far
2 more stickers!!! But I still do not know when would I visit Starbucks., hmm, maybe on Wednesday after attending the novena at Baclaran? :)

###########################################################

P.S

I noticed I've been eating a lot lately and so I decided to start my diet. I stopped my "no rice" policy when I worked for BPI because it's so hard not to eat rice due to my stressful life. Today, I started my diet but continued eating rice only during lunch. I also eat more fruits. :)

#################################################################

Time check:
10:18 pm, laptop time.
Goodnight! I'm still going to watch TV.

4 comments:

Steve on 10:07 AM said...

You might enjoy my blog where I also critique Josh Harris's book:

www.ikdg.wordpress.com
"I Kissed Dating Goodbye: Wisdom or Foolishness?"

Unfortunately Josh Harris is quick to point out the defects of dating but won't admit the problems and defects with his approach. Even at his own church he acknowledged a number of problems but doesn't share them on his website.

jO_anne on 4:18 PM said...

I'll drop by your page. Thanks :)

Mariel on 12:00 AM said...

Hi there! I'm a registered nurse aspiring to be a flight attendant. I love reading blogs like this, it inspires me. I'll be following you. I hope it's ok. :)

jO_anne on 9:24 AM said...

Hello Mariel! Sure, no problem :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos