Monday, October 05, 2009

We are all Captains!

I've known this poem ever since elementary. Years passed and I almost forget this poem, not until today that I am really serious and determined to reach my dream career - to be a flight attendant. :)

Invictus

by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.


In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.


Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.


It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate;

I am the captain of my soul.

poem from:

http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/3981/?letter=P&spage=10

I know being a flight attendant means being away from your loved ones most of the time, but I know fulfilling my dreams does not only benefit my own good, but I know this is also the chance to show how much I am very grateful for people who always believe and support me.

We are all captains of our lives. We can do what we want to do, our fate lies in us; and like what I've accomplished in my college life, I will never stop doing everything so I can reach my goal!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos