Friday, August 29, 2008

Opportunity - Opened: P&G, McKinsey&Company

POSTED: JULY 19, 2008 (in my multiply blog)

Last Thursday, I was seating at SJ (stone table) with Timmy and Louie. We saw Anthony walking on the other side of the hall so we called him. I was surprised when Anthony told me that he saw my name on the Vice Dean's office. He added that I had a letter from McKinsey&Company (an International Consulting firm/ American Company) . At first, I didn't get it, I was cluless about why I had a letter from McKinsey, then, Anthony told me, "Ano ka ba? Kapag matalino ka, ikaw ang hinahabol ng kumpanya!" and there, that was the only moment I realized the reason for receiving a letter. Then, Anthony told me, "Tapos na yung application", and I was disappointed, nevertheless, I am still keeping my fingers crossed! I e-mailed the company telling them I was notified late! "Totoo naman!" Anthony even added, "Ang daming nilalangaw na letter doon sa office ng vice dean!" gahh, they should have informed the students in a better way, not just post the names outside the office, the office was not located on the third floor of Miguel Hall, so there's a little possibility that everyone could see that their names were already on the list! I told my friends about this, and there was a common answer, SAYANG!, indeed! When I got home last Thursday, I immediately took the letter out of my envelope and did hand it to my mom, she told me, "SAYANG! Mag-email ka, itry mo baka pwede pa". And that was what I did a while ago. If they won't reply, I hope, that would not be the last time that I'd be invited by an International Company for a job application.

I was also invited by Procter&Gamble to apply but, just like what happened in McKinsey,I received the letter late. And besides, I already applied there during the Job Expo Week and I did not pass the exam! Gah, I couldn't even compute the problems!!! Hahaha. But it was okay, I did not have bitter feelings! Being invited by Procter& Gamble was like passing the exam, at least, I felt the idea of being given a chance by them.

To keep myself happy despite of late notifications, I want to end this entry by putting a few lines from the letter that McKinsey&Company sent me:

Fulfilling our promise to our clients begins and ends with our people. We search for talented individuals with outstanding character, a sharp analytical mind, the ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization, and extraordinary leadership potential..

We are continually seeking distinctive individuals to join our Manila Office as Business Analyst. Based on your outstanding academic performance at De La Salle University, we would like to invite you to explore a potential career with us..

TO EVERYONE:
JUST KEEP ON DREAMING! NEVER EVER STOP DREAMING!
REACH FOR YOUR GOALS. EVEN IF CHALLENGES COME ON OUR WAY,
STAY STRONG AND NEVER GIVE UP. FOR IT IS PERSEVERANCE THAT WE ARE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO REACH FOR OUR GOALS

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

My Open Notebook Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos